Louis J. Ciraldo
Louis J. Ciraldo founded Summit Construction Company, Inc. in 1992 in response to a growing need for quality general contractors near Summit County. In 2015, Lou transitioned to Chief Estimator in support of the company’s new leadership.
Lou graduated from the University of Akron with a B.S. in Civil Engineering. He is a registered Professional Engineer in Ohio and North Carolina, and has over 40 years of experience in the construction industry. Since starting SCC in 1992, Lou has gained essential knowledge in the AEC industry and the ever-changing nature of the builders’ market. Lou’s understanding of estimating strategies, market obstacles and construction management as a whole have resulted in countless opportunities for value engineering, cost savings and innovation to benefit SCC clients.
Lou has an unwavering passion for education. He has been heavily involved in the City of Akron for over 20 years.
- Part-time Professor of Construction Management for the University of Akron
- Junior Achievement Instructor for Cuyahoga Falls City Schools Bolich Middle School
- Member of the Akron Public School’s Business Advisory Council for 18 years
- Council Chair (APS Business Advisory Council) for the past 8 years; As a member of this council, Lou assisted in conducting numerous studies and planning recommendations for business affairs such as maintenance, food service, organizational reporting, staff lines, inventory building, and transportation.
- Career Education Advisor for the SCC Student Learning Program