As part of the Lancaster City Schools new middle school program upgrades, Summit Construction/Resource International was selected to provide Construction Manager at Risk Services for the Thomas Ewing Junior High School Project. Thomas Ewing was constructed on a new site and will house grades 6-8.
Design Notes from Schorr Architects:
- This environmentally conscious building is designed to be USBC LEED Silver Certified and includes 21st Century design features
- A secure entry vestibule funnels all visitors through the main office prior to gaining entry into the building
- Designed to achieve an energy rating of at least 30% or greater above the American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air-conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) baseline
- Supports the community through flexible program spaces with a mixed-use Cafeteria, Music Classrooms & Stage, Gym, and Media Center
- The Cafeteria/Student Dining is equipped with retractable auditorium seating to use for performance events
- The academic areas can be secured during after school activities in the Gym and Cafeteria
Summit Construction is continually grateful for the opportunities we have to serve the Lancaster City School District and the OFCC. We look forward to the completion of Lancaster General Sherman Junior High School which will be completed in Summer 2020, as well as future opportunities to continue to bring state of the art educational facilities to the Lancaster community.